The Hybrid Tool is the solution for a safe and effective frac plug drill out procedure. Merging three components into one, the Hybrid Tool is the most advanced apparatus on the market. Two Hybrid Tools are deployed in sequence, and in a way that simplifies the typical drill out and tube up process. Significantly expediting operations, the tools are retrievable through our distinct ball-drop system. In addition to high speed, we achieve and maintain a higher safety standard, stemming from four competent pressure barriers.
Our drill out procedure (with the use of our tool) accomplishes two things in one downhole pass: drilling out frac plugs and installing production tubing. We use a conventional workover rig, pump, and swivel to rotate the stick pipe downhole. This can be done independently, or with our cost-effective Hybrid Drop-Off Motor. Replacing the slow-paced and hazardous nature of a snubbing-assisted workover rig (which has previously been used to remove the entire drill pipe in order to install production tubing), we are able to proceed with the drill out process more quickly.
The Hybrid technique incorporates a mixed string design of standard drill pipe and production tubing, which is never completely drawn out from the wellbore. Additionally, this maintains a pipe-heavy condition throughout the entire operation, which eliminates the cause for pipe ejection and injury. With efficiency at the forefront of our operations, we can exert less effort to perform safer work in a shorter time.
From TD (total depth) to surface, our BHA consists of: full gauge sealed bearing bit, pump off bit sub (or our low-cost expendable pump off mud motor), XN profile, 1 joint of production tubing, X profile nipple with a tested Hybrid Tool in place, 6 joints of production tubing, X profile nipple, approximately 4,000′ joints of production tubing with an X nipple placed in the string at the desired depth (for production purposes), H-R profile (the crossover nipple) with a tested Hybrid Tool in place, and the drill string to surface with an R nipple placed in the string at the desired depth.
Our qualified operators have delivered perfect results when it comes to torque on the work string.
We've never had tubing get stuck.
700+wells tubed up and drilled out to date
99.4%tool retrieval success rate
$80Kaverage savings per well
50%cost reduction on rental equipment use
12days faster to bring six wells on line
12500′lateral successfully drilled out (22000′ TD)
80plugs drilled out in one trip
33.3%reduction in drill out costs
$40Min estimated savings (reported by one client in the span of two years)
10companies in OH, PA, WV, and OK are currently using the Hybrid Tool
“The Hybrid Tool has revolutionized the way we approach our drill outs. It has reduced our operational risks and saves us a tremendous amount of time and money. The process has proven to be repeatable and has become our standard for drill out operations.”
Kyle Bradford – Eclipse Resources Completions Manager
Drill Out Timeline
- Set up the workover rig using associated equipment.
- Test all surface lines and equipment.
- Monitor well for pressure.
- Trip into the hole with production tubing.
- From the production tubing, attach the Hybrid Crossover Tool to the drill string.
- Trip into the hole to kill plug.
- Commence drill out operations.
- Drill out the frac plugs until reaching TD.
- Pull 5′ off TD, drop the ball, and pump off the drill bit. (It will remain in the rat hole permanently.)
- Trip out of the hole to the crossover sub (i.e., the junction between the production tubing and drill string where the top Hybrid Tool is located).
- Install the bleed off tool and bleed off.
- Remove the top Hybrid Tool manually.
- Run in the hole with the remaining desired production tubing until tubing depth is set.
- Land tubing hanger with a dual check back pressure valve.
- Install a production tree.
- Drop a ball downhole to release the bottom Hybrid Tool. (It will flow up the production tubing to the wellhead lubricator.)
- The well is now on line.
Let’s get to it.
Save time, save money, and increase safety with the Hybrid Tool and drill out process.Contact Us